Monday 26 September 2011

Hello, Good Morning and Welcome

So here I am at day one of the challenge and I don't have a clue what on earth my new recipe of the day is going to be.  But it's only 7am so I've got another 17 hours to figure something out.  Meanwhile, lets get the introductions out of the way.

Hello!  Nice to meet you!

I'm Rebecca.  Slummy Mummy.  Wife.  Business Analyst.  Studio Manager for a Photographer.  Ex-runner who needs to get her backside into gear before the dreaded VLM acceptance hits the mat next month.  So if I didn't already have enough on my plate, I figured it was about time I started a blog and kept it updated EVERY day.  For a year.  Except I kind of forgot that next year is a leap year so I have a whole extra day's worth of recipe-trying and blogging to do.

I figured that today was a good day to start as I'm on holiday from work this week (some holiday when you've been up since 5.30am doing washing) but it should give me enough time to at least hit the target every day between now and next Monday.  So I'll only be 359 days short.

Why the 366 Recipe Challenge?  Well I love cook books in the way that other women love shoes.  I'm greedy.  I love good food.  But I'm married to someone who would happily eat baked chicken and packet rice seven days a week (he does have his good points!) and my darling daughter (Miss A) is a very fussy eighteen month old.  So I figured that it was about time I made use of the hundreds of cookery books that I pore over lovingly day after day but rarely use and try to cook one new recipe every day for a whole year.

Plus it gives me an excuse to buy a new cookery book or two!

So follow me and my triumphs and disasters in the kitchen, alongside other food-related musings and see how I do.

Right.  No time for breakfast new-ness as I have to get Miss A and ready for nursery.  Hoping the husband will take me out for lunch so a new dinner recipe.  Off to peruse www.bbcgoodfood.com for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...