Saturday 15 October 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

 I have a poorly bubba.  Poorly bubba = sleepless nights for mummy.  Needed something restorative for tea and to fortify me for the next impending sleepless night which is already underway judging by the levels of crying coming from the nursery (yes I'm a bad mother, I do controlled crying occasionally).

More green needed to glam it up
Had it in my head I was going to cook a lovely pasta dish but the husband insisted on chicken with pesto pasta - the dish he made me on our first date.  I do like it but just wasn't in the mood for so many carbs - it would just make me sluggish and sleepy and I need to be on the ball again tonight.

So a quick Google and check in the fridge saw me cooking another BBC Good Food recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup.  Very flavoursome although I will say the chicken wasn't very tender - maybe it was a duff chicken and would've been tough however I cooked it.  Sadly I didn't have any herbs or spring onions which would have made it a little more tasty and more aesthetically pleasing, but it was good enough.  And the amount of chilli, ginger and garlic should ward off any cold coming within a hundred miles of me for the next couple of months.

Mojito cupcakes tomorrow :o))))  - poorly child permitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...